Naim Nait 5 issue

Hi i have a Nait 5 amplifer and today when i switched it on the Cd light started flashing . Then when i switched input to tuner it starting flashing again . Anyone had this issue or know the fix ? Many Thanks .

1 Like

A flashing source button usually indicates either a mis-assigned input (not so much an issue with the original NAIT 5) or else a fault condition - e.g. over-temperature or over-current. If the latter I would check to ensure there are no shorts anywhere with the speaker cabling or socketry.

Otherwise, do you have all the link plugs fitted (5pin DIN round link and the double headed ribbon link)? Could the ribbon link be damaged in some way?

Otherwise, @NeilS may have more ideas here.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for the advice . I will check cabling into the amplifer . I have naim connectors for speakers and Din connectors to cd player and tuner . I dont think it is an overheating problem as it started flashing from cd player to tuner when first switched on ?

Is there a reset you can do on the remote i read somewhere ?

Kind regards Nick

Was it fine before today? Anything changed with the system since last used without issue?

1 Like

Hi it was fine yesterday played vinyl as normal and tuner . Just happened this afternoon when i switched Nait 5 amplifer on from cold , then cd light starting flashing on amplifer , switched to tuner same issue . Flashes loses sound then goes back to input it was on previously ?

OK thanks. One for @NeilS I think.

There is a reset option that was posted from staff might help.

Ok thanks will try the reset option tomorrow .

Kind regards Nick

Are you sure it’s a Nait5 & not a Nait5i or Nait5si? How many inputs does it have?

Regards
Neil.

Hi its definetly a Nait 5 amplifer it has 4 inputs on front . CD/ Tuner/Tape/Av .

Kind regards Nick

That’s a Nait5i or si. The original Nait5 had six inputs, a mute & a tape monitor button.
Sounds like the protection opto-coupler has gone faulty :-1:

Regards
Neil.

Ok many thanks for the advice , are they expensive to replace ? .

You should speak to your Naim dealer who can get a repair quote and arrange repair for you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.