Current system
NAC 272
XPS DR
250 DR
Focal Diablo ( fantastic speakers )
Naim A5 speaker wire.
Tried senore upnp

I want roon to be native on my system.
Is there much difference between ndx 2 and nd5, also what would I need To make it work and what in my system can I get rid of to part fund it. I would like to keep the XPS DR if it fits into system.

There are a number of ways you could do this. Ideally you want a separate preamp such as a 282, then an NDX2 would certainly be worthwhile, and you could use the XPS to power it.
You could keep the 272 as a preamp and run the separate streamer into its analogue input. You could put the XPS on either NDX2 or 272, just let your ears decide which is best.
Finally, you could connect an NDX2 or ND5XS2 via SPDIF to the 272 digital input. In this case, I suspect you would find the ND5 more or less as good as the NDX2, so it could be a cheaper option.

You’re going to have to spend a lot - whereas if you were willing to go with an add-on such as the Allo DigiOne you could run Roon very nicely to your 272 quite inexpensively. This is what I do to get Roon to my UnitiQute 2.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.