Naim ND555 Struggling to Find Melco Server

Mine is all wired too, with the ND, Pi and NAS all on a Cisco switch that connects directly into the BT router. The mesh base unit plugs directly into the router via a short ethernet cable, and provides wifi around the house. Switching on the wifi on the router means we now have 2 networks to join, but only the BT wifi allows consistent connection from the iPad to the Pi where Asset runs.

It is odd that a good signal on the mesh allows all normal activity on the iPad, but the Naim app can’t locate Asset in time.

What Mesh system are you using? I have BT Smarthub 2 with 2 discs which works well.

Phil

Deco.

The Naim App talks to the ND555 via the BT hub which talks to Asset I assume over Ethernet. What does the physical layout of the boxes look like? Are they in the same room as the BT router or spread around etc?

Phil

@HouseholdNaim I also have a mesh deco network .
I will try and switch them off and give it a go .
What i don’t understand why the same behavior didn’t happen on the NDS .

Did you also notice prior to switching off your mesh network the album arts were duplicating and not rendering correctly.

All in the same room, with the Pi + Asset, NAS and ND555 in one corner together and the BT Hub and Deco at the other end of the room. It’s a normal sized living room.

I left the Deco on, as it’s still useful for upstairs. The iPad & phone remember the old network credentials so just toggle between the two now.

No evidence of duplicate artwork or tracks.

I have tried what you suggested and connected to my Android device to my original router .
It takes approximately 20sec for the Melco Server to appear in the list of devices available.
However if I scroll through the album / artist list and go back to check of servers available the Melco Server will disappear.

That’s just what mine was doing, maybe longer than 20 secs but I never timed it, and the server had usually disappeared when I went back back back to it.

Now that I’ve reverted to the wifi out of the BT Smart Hub instead of the Deco mesh it’s no longer an issue. Beyond that I can’t offer any further help tbh. I got a response earlier this week from the mothership when I included a link to this thread; maybe that would help.

As a further update to this and for when some poor soul arrives here via a Google or other search, it’s all resolved. The Deco Mesh system always gave the appearance of being a poor substitute so based on a recommendation elsewhere on here I’ve dumped it and replaced it with a BT Mesh Black Disc that fits seamlessly with the BT Smart Hub 2 that’s been in place since last year. Everything is now working well. There are no longer two networks for devices to toggle between; we have good coverage upstairs and down and the Naim app on iPad and Android phone no longer lose sight of the Asset UPnP server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.