Naim ndac: what’s in the box?

I’m in the hunt for a Naim ndac, what’s in the box? Link plug, power cord, remote and bnc cable?

Thanks

There’s a link plug, a manual and a mains lead.

3 Likes

What Richard said and a very, very good DAC :grinning:

4 Likes

I won the auction for a near mint one at very good price, I’m very happy :smiley:
So I can use the 202 remote with the dac?
Now looking for a good Bnc/bnc cable, any advice?

Naim DC1 BNC-BNC would be my top recommendation.

The nDAC should also come with a 180 DIN5-DIN5 Interconnect in the box.

1 Like

Correct. I missed off the i/c…

Didn’t there used to be a data sheet detailing the supplied items for each different Naim product?
Perhaps this could be put on the FAQ page.

It’s here in the archive:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic.php?oid=1566878604301792&coid=159503632588890

That’s the one.
Looks like Naim could do with updating this list, Steve did 11 years ago.
Just the job for the “work at home” team during these covid times.

1 Like

Based on my experience with my Supernait 2 buttons 7, 8, 9 & 0 on the remote will trigger inputs 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the nDAC. The same buttons can be used for prev, next, stop and play when playing files on a usb stick. As I recall this works without needing to connect the remote control in/out sockets on the back of the nDAC and ore-amp.

2 Likes

@Nathan, Thanks!!!

I’d suggest emailing Naim support - I had a similar issue and they were kind enough to mail me (in the US, no less) a USB stick with the correct firmware. It worked perfectly (as you’d expect!).

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll do that thanks, just odd why I can’t play a big standard wav file, just wondered if I was doing something wrong etc?!?

The ndac has been on the market since 2008/09, any one know how mutch i has changed over de years.
I’m might buye on, there is offen a 2009 to 2011 model for sale but if the later models are better then i migt be better to waith to at late model show up to a ok Price .

As far as I know there haven’t been any changes to the hardware. The software was updated a few times, the change from the second to last to the final version made my late model DAC even better.
The capacitors are obviously older = longer in use in the older ones.

Thanks, then the age is not super importen

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.