Naim NDX won't play playlists

Hi,

I have a Naim NDX and Uniti with non-Naim Power supplies and CDS3, 282 pre and 300 power amp. When I first used the NDX it would play the play lists I created. Then it ceased to do that - it would not play. However, if I selected a track within the playlist and clicked on the 3 dots pertaining to that track it would only play it and if I selected another track on the play list and chose “Queue Next” it would play it. Essentially, there has been a deterioration over a year in functionality. I purchased the Uniti new and the NDX second hand. I stress that it worked well for 6 months. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A for a command centre. I would really appreciate some help here as the NAIM Dealer in Sydney is puzzled by this as well. Thanks Shaun

Hi, & sorry to hear your woes.
I presume that as you’ve contacted a dealer they have told you to do the power off(s)/resets of the NDX & app, & maybe even delete the app & reload it? Also a reset, in order, with router (& switch) NDX.
Did you ‘add’ anything to your network then it stopped functioning correctly?

Off to walk the dog, I’ll look back later.

Best
John

Hi Zeppo, where do you create these playlists? In the Naim app, or on your server? Or are you referring to the playQUEUE, which is not the same as a playLIST?

If there are playlists created on the Naim app, deleting the app will permanently remove the playlists.

Agreed, did have to do this myself once; ‘Screencaptured’ the playlists & redid them, laborious but solved my problem. So it was just a ‘last resort’ suggestion :relaxed:

You could have transferred them to another device to preserve them before deleting the app.

I must admit I didn’t think, from things Ive previously read, you could transfer the playlists in the app, most useful; how’s it done?

Play the playlist, so that it becomes a play queue.
Open the app on another device. You’ll see the same play queue. Save it as a new playlist.

Excellent! So simple, but didn’t think of it - plenty of playlists I wanted to transfer between ipad/iphone/tab: thank you :relaxed:
The only caveat being, for me back then & the OP, is that the app wasn’t/isn’t working. But at least now I can transfer my playlists.
Again; many thanks. :+1:

Just remember that this being a purely manual process, changes on one device will not automatically be transferred to the other; you would need to repeat the process.

Maybe getting a bit off topic here!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying - earlier this week I deleted the app and reloaded it and it all seems to be working now. Thanks to all who offered suggestions. Also, I did not add anything to me network.
Best wishes and thanks again.
Shaun

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.