Naim Nova as PreAmp? McIntosh as amp

Thank you!

Just out of interest how did you connect and control the Hegel on your network? I assume you were using the Naim app when using the Nova but where did the source music come from?

I was using Quboz and Tidal.
You cannot connect your phone via USB!
You can connect your laptop via USB-C (which isn‘t much fun in my opinion - to have a laptop in front of you…).
I couldn’t use AirPlay or my home WLAN cause the Hegel couldn’t handle my bad internet connection.
Naim could handle it at the same moment! I guess Naim have a better puffer.
I‘m not talking about live streaming music - that doesn‘t work at all in my internet connection! I‘m talking only about music that was already imported on my phone/laptop, which is possible with Tidal and Quboz.

Hi

I have been bi-amping now for a few weeks now using a Nova on bass and 250DR on mid/highs
Its been interesting … ( including avoiding mixing L and R on both amps due to them being different on each amp!)
The bass is much more deeper and controlled … even though this is still managed by the Nova. This was unexpected
Its not as though the load on the amp has been reduced by splitting between both amps … there are no crossover / filters in place … both amps see the full frequency range
Anyway I have yet to switch back to just the Nova or reverse split of amps to see what, if any, difference this will make.
But I am enjoying what I am hearing …

2 Likes

I am very glad to hear this!:grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.