Naim NOVA JBL, KLIPCH, CORNWALL, OTHERS Association?

I’ve finally made the decision after several listening sessions for the 30 years old JMLab Onyx 710.
What an outstanding Combo IT makes with the naim Nova.
Big Guys…Incredible sound body, a lot of details, and a good fit for most genders .
Cannot be more happy.

Pairing new amplifiers with old speakers worth the try…

1 Like

So Naim and Focal basically.

Enjoy!

Can 30 years old speakers work without servicing them?

These JBL are great ones, but as per your saying, association with Naim needs to be listened to…

Would rather ssay Naim and JmLab pre-Focal… :grinning: I’ve got the opportunity to listen to FOCAL recent Bookshelves Speakers and even if imaging was quite good, the sound’s truth was not so great, at least to my ears. Medium was a bit too much pronounced.

From my perspective definitely yes if they haven’t been abused by years of heavy Rock at 80% Volume…
The components from this era were really better quality than what we can find now on the market, and aging is not a real issue. Take your time to find a well-cared pair of vintage and you’ll most probably rediscover your music. I would however always recommend a try and buy, again to make sure that the electronic/Speakers’ association is matching your own expectation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.