Naim Nova, open-hearted reflections

@anon56814208 what sonus faber did you have? here you only get some Sonetto or Venere

1 Like

Hi,

I have the Sonetto II, I haven’t listen to the rest but I was told that the V were better. If you like detailed but to harsh sound speakers with little bit of warmth, I think you can like them.
If you don’t have an auditorium in you area, you can give me a track you know well and I’ll record the sound out of my speakers / Nova, it’s not very accurate but you can have an approximative idea of the sound signature.

Best regards

1 Like

I liked your suggestion of the warmth contribution of the SF. I think I am looking for something like that.
In a few months I will try to audition, as there is no stock now.
While I accept your offer with pleasure! The new Beatles Let it be mix sounds awful on my system (the original one too), if you can make a recording of an “I me mine” snippet, it sounds hard. I will be very grateful
Greetings!

Hi,

Is it the one we can find on Qobuz under the title Let It Be (2021 Mix) ?

1 Like

yes! thank

1 Like

What the presntion different between them if you can explain please

Ah, apologies time, a few months ago I would have said the Nova was a thinner sound, it turns out that my CD player was in need of a service.

The Nova owes a lot to the Nait XS 2 rather than the Supernait . Those are Naim’s comments ( not mine) however it has slightly more power than an XS 2 or XS3 .

It is a super product , very pleased.

4 Likes

That’s interesting to hear. Had you not been using the Nova with a streaming service or another source to compare?

1 Like

Thanks Mark, I use it to access internet radio , but no streaming service. I want my money to go to the artists and feel uncomfortable with the business model of the likes of Tidal, Amazon etc.

Also to be fair, I live in a rural area with frequent drop outs , which is why I have two alternate radio sources - a NAT03 or via the Sky Q box

I had my CDx2 player adapted to digital output when I had it serviced and I am happy . Reduced my five box Naim amplification system to a Nova and a phono stage, whilst still retaining my Naim source components

do you have a chance to hear the SN3? is it the same presention, especially the musicality characteristic

I have heard it, but not in a side by side with a Nova, given that a SN3 is about 75% of the price of a Nova I would expect it to sound better, plus the SN3 has a MM input

1 Like

Who at Naim told you it was an XS2 equivalent? In SQ terms versus flexibility that would make sense.

It was on this forum, Clare said it relied heavily on the XS2 .

I think the Nova has a smidgen more power than the XS2 , certainly it has no difficulties driving my P3ESR.

Afraid I didn’t make a copy.

1 Like

You might mean this?

3 Likes

Might be, or something similar

thx

Hungryhalibut. Do you use the tablet tens in a near field arrangement? My brother in law had bbc ls3 monitors in a studio setup back in the 1990s. He had them on a desk following their design specification and they did sound great albeit with limitations in bass and when pushed. I recently really enjoyed some Graham ls5/9 via a Nova but this was in a large well damped room. The dealer had paired them with the nova for my demo as he felt they would provide similar attributes to my focal micro utopias. It was a good demo and though ultimately I went for the sn3 the nova and ls5/9 demo was hugely enjoyable.

On a separate demo my son and I had tried smaller stand mounts in the same room and found the sound underwhelming. I guess what I’m trying to say is that speakers are tricky buggers that need the right environment to give of there best.

I’m not really sure what defines near field. Our room is 3.6m wide and 4.5m long, with the speakers firing across. The sofa is against the opposite wall. They fill the room quite comfortably.

Near field in the case of the ls3 design was for use in a mobile recording studio (truck / van). Or sitting on a wall above a recording desk in a working studio. A very close listening position in a confined space.

I agree with you, I gave up on using airplay on my Mac mini and went with asset upnp server. Works great across all my network devices including the Uniti Nova

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.