Naim Nova - Quality Issue

Quick question: Has anyone had any quality issues with the plastic underneath where the lit Naim logo is, coming away from the metal chassis? It’s like a clear acrylic strip. Mine is coming loose at the logo end hanging down not much but enough that I noticed it and looked closer to see the issue. Not sure whether to superglue it back or raise it with Naim. You don’t expect this with a Four grand amplifier! I’m loathe to send it to naim via the hifi shop I bought it from, scared stiff it would get knocked around in transit causing issues with the more important stuff ( the insides). What would you guys do? Interested to hear if anyone else had this issue and what they did.

Best regards

Leon

Leon, long running topic due to faulty adhesive, talk to Naim and/ or dealer a new acrylic bar or adhesive will be sent to you or your dealer. Thought it had even sorted?

1 Like

Thanks Gazza. Do you by any chance have a contact at Naim who would be happy to help?

Not sure what you mean “Thought it had even sorted”? If you mean you thought Naim had sorted it I’ve had my Nova a long time. One of the first if not the first to post one up in the home in the “old forum”. Bought it August 2017…:+1:t4:

Leon, As Gazza says it was an issue with faulty adhesive strips that affected some earlier units. You should call your dealer and they can sort to out for you with Naim. Failing that, give Naim support at the factory a call.

1 Like

I had a similar problem withmyNova.
Naim replaced the unit through my dealer.

1 Like

Guys i rang my dealer who said “bring it in and we’ll get it back to Naim to look it over” I explained that I would prefer to have the parts shipped; more nervous about shipping than the issue itself. Both the retailer and now Naim have said don’t worry its insured, the retailer refusing to get involved with parts shipping. I’m half thinking just leave it alone, the piece of mind is worth more to me. I don’t have any faith in couriers due to issues in the past. :’(

Leon

It will be fine, if it gets messed up you will get a new one most likely…Naim are very good in this respect. Both Naim and your dealer could have chose the easy option, looks like Naim want to investigate as this was supposed to have been fixed quite a while ago. Be brave, it will all get sorted, ask your dealer to provide a stand in player, might be fun to try the Star for a few days?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.