Naim Oil Slick Logos

I was recently told by a Naim Rep that they no longer cover the Oil Slick Logo Defect under warranty. Seems a bit unfair.

Which Rep said that ?
Maybe get your Naim dealer involved sometime they can help.

This doesn’t sound correct to me. If you are the original owner of a unit and it is still under warranty and the logo turns out to be one that’s a “bleeder” then I can’t see any reason why a replacement logo wouldn’t be supplied under that warranty.

I’ve asked Naim for clarification.

Hi Richard. My Nap 200 was purchased second hand. Seems to be a problem with the Classic range. It has a 2013 manufacture date.

The rep was unnamed. It was signed Naim Marketing. The email came from marketing@naimaudio.com
It stated that Naim has to charge for the logos due to fake naim products being sold as genuine But I always include a photo of the component along with the defect to prove that it is in fact Naim gear.

Are you sure it’s still under warranty?

To be clear here, Naim’s policy re. the logos is that they are very happy to supply original owners with replacements under warranty should the problem occur (and it’s an increasingly unlikely occurrence, as the process was changed almost five years ago to ensure it couldn’t happen again). Naim can also replace logos when products come in for service work, should a customer desire. What Naim cannot do is send out logos for free outside of warranty, not least because they are increasingly finding their way onto kit that’s not kosher.

Richard the 5 yr warranty period is expired but the logos are defective. Who was the supplier?

If you would like a copy of the email from naim marketing I will send it to you.

No need. I’ve seen Naim’s communique. It basically concurs with what I have posted above. To reiterate, that Naim are very happy to supply original owners with replacements under warranty should the problem occur (and it’s an increasingly unlikely occurrence, as the process was changed almost five years ago to ensure it couldn’t happen again). Naim can also replace logos when products come in for service work, should a customer desire. What Naim cannot do is send out logos for free outside of warranty, not least because they are increasingly finding their way onto kit that’s not kosher.

That sounds fair enough to me.

I’d suggest (like HiFiFoFum) you have a word with your dealer. If you have a good strong relationship with them, maybe they can help sort something out for you.

Fully understood. Thank you!

To the best of my knowledge in Ireland under consumer law you have 7 years from date of purchase regardless of any warranties to have a product repaired or replaced IF the fault was deemed to exist at the time of manufacture. This applies to the original purchaser AND any subsequent owners.

1 Like

Naim Service replaced the logo (FOC) on my nDAC when I sent it to them following a firmware upgrade failure. I’d neither noticed nor complained about it. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.