Naim on delay with equipment delivery

I’d keep pushing your dealer - they should be able to get the very latest updates from their sales/service rep.

1 Like

OK thanks

My 372 is taking even longer to be delivered!

10 Likes

Clare,

Just to confirm you don’t have any hold ups in parts from your suppliers - if you are working at full capacity.

Thanks

Karl

I’ll ask our Supply Chain team!

2 Likes

I have had a message from service dept that DR modules are in short supply and DR upgrades are on hold.

Does that affect the build of new NAC252’s ?
I’m guessing not. Dont think there are any DR components in the pre-amp, only in the seperate power supply - in which case I’m good.
Anybody feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I heard this too - there are other issues in the supply chain, but DR in particular is hit.

So both upgrades and new builds…basically any power amp or power supply, you shouldn’t be holding your breath!

Suspect Naim will not be accepting any kit for upgrades until they clear the backlog of new product orders - which is clearly the correct policy.

That would be my guess. Any DR modules will be prioritized to new builds. It makes sense.

3 Likes

I ordered my new 252 at the beginning of December and I cannot have yet a reliable delivery date. Very annoying! I hope something will change.

1 Like

Anyone have an idea on the turn around time on repairs these days? I’m due to return my SN3 but might hold off for a while if it’s going to be months

Oddly enough, I’m catching up with the head of service and support shortly - will see if I can get an update.

1 Like

Thank you

Frustratingly, there’s no single answer on this. Service team is fully up and running, but the global supply chain issues affecting many brands (thanks to impact of COVID) means repair times may vary greatly, depending on the product and parts concerned.

Best thing, as ever, is to talk to your dealer and get a specific estimate for your product.

1 Like

I am hearing chatter of semiconductor ICs lead time ranging from 30-90weeks. So all it takes is one or more component to hold off production for the entire product.

Doesn’t bode well for me then… I ordered mine 6wks ago.

I am awaiting non-essential shops to open and will then demo the SL interconnect between their ND555 and 552. In some ways a formality but non of these cables are likely to be ex-stock although my dealer hopes it will be a matter of weeks. The black boxes are well into months he tells me.
Anticipation is part of the journey.

Indeed… I’m anticipating a long journey :slightly_frowning_face:

In my occupation of the world of construction we have faced these issue since circa 2010. Wholesalers and manufacturers not keeping anything on the shelf, other than fast moving items. On one project we only obtained enough bricks by ringing all over England. For the last 10 years or so we seem to have been in the world of “lean engineering” and “just in time”.
One can only imagine that Covid and Brexit have exacerbated this.

Informed this morning Naim North America are backordered for UQ screen replacements until at least April. It’s all boxed up and ready to go out but since I’ve replaced it with a Matrix I can wait. Not quite as costly as I thought it would be - about $300 once shipping etc factored in. But no way to sell it without a screen. 192 board upgrade is $400 which I’ll give a pass on.