Naim Ovator S-800 vs Kudos Titan 808

Yes! Impulse H2s are superb speakers. Heard them sounding very good with valve and class A amps, but never heard them with Naim.

I already own dbls, nbls sl2s and nsats. They are are all aging so require a little tlc with foam and grilles. Also love them as they are all boundry designs. Naim speakers just swing and have prat better than most. I have not heard Magicos as they are not easy to find in Australia, but like that they are sealed designs. Dont think they would work close to walls either.

1 Like

Yes, I run them with a 282 HC 155, heard a NAP250 on them and it wasnā€™t anywhere near as good for some reason.

That really is a matter of opinion. Magico, for example, are to my mind (well, earsā€¦) an absolute triumph of technology over musicā€¦ :flushed: :scream:

And you know that, howā€¦ā€¦?

I agree, itā€™s a matter of taste. I am not keen on Magico too.
But for technical aspects and performance, I canā€™t see how a 20 years old speaker in the 10/20k range can compete, on full Statements, with recent top 100 k and more speakers.
I know you are all here devoted to Naim, but thereā€™s a limit.

After there is a matter of taste, so each person can choose between Wilson Benesh, Magico, Focal, Wilson, Dynaudioā€¦And donā€™t say me that these speakers donā€™t do well Prat :laughing:
There are some members here who have compared , and rarely are those with Statements who have Naim speakers.
Even with 500 series, Naim speakers are not the most choosed.

But of course thereā€™s the active domain. It may change the performance of the speakers and elevate the sound to another level. But are there a lot of people today who want to have 15 boxes in their room, without even saying how fragile this set up is?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.