Naim owners Artwork

After a trip to New York a few years ago, I asked my sister Heather Wilson to paint a memento and she produced this 1x1m painting of this fruit. I’m not sure how it relates to the trip🤔

6 Likes

Very atmospheric. Nous Somme Perdue

Love the ram! Do you know the work of Will Taylor? He’s a local artist based in Rye and his animal drawings are wonderful. We have a couple, such as this one;

10 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about Will Taylor.
There’s a video here of Bob (and his cat) drawing a horse - with calming music by Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

7 Likes

Fascinating. So different from how I’ve seen that sort of thing done before. Absolute confidence that the overall proportions are going to be correct right from the start.

1 Like

This is Mrs HH’s latest acquisition. It’s by the Cornish Artist Neil Davies, who also painted the one referred to in the opening post.

14 Likes

I like the drama in that. Wrong part of the country, I know, but Wuthering Heights sprang to mind. Is it oils?

Yes, oil on canvas.

I hope you aren’t serious…

2 Likes

Yes, good point.
I’ll ask him about that when we go walking in the summer…

Just looking through the on-line catalogue for the afternoon auction at Eubanks (just outside of Guildford) on 30th Jan and spotted a couple of Ron’s work up for sale.

1 Like

I suspect I may be the only one here to have a life-size painting of themselves.

It was painted (by the guy whose portrait is in the small frame) when we were at college together in 1987. Short of people to model. Sort-of-anti-Dorian-Grey alas. We are still best friends.

16 Likes

@Mick_B Very interesting. Thank you for drawing to my attention. My painting is the same size as the rather similar one in the catalogue. I think we might go along and have a look, although I’m not sure where it might hang here.

Interesting to see the sale estimate too, as I gave my brother quite a bit more than that some years ago!

Best

David

Two that we think hang well together.
The top picture (roughly LP size) is by Tim Garwood and is painted directly onto the reverse of the glass. Little touching up possible.
The bottom is a mixed media by Anthony Frost (son of Sir Terry Frost).
Despite being abstract, there is always something new to see in them.

7 Likes

This is our latest acquisition by an artist called Lynn Rodgie who studied at Gray’s School of Art in Aberdeen. Liked the warm colours with the flowers and path drawing you up to the house.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Can’t get a good shot of this one due to the bloody living room light. Monet’s house and Japanese bridge. Think they were some of his last and pretty trippy.

5 Likes

The etchings below were bought by myself for not very much at all. They were both done in 1938 during the Depression. One is called the Soup Kitchen and the other is Old Men in the Public Library. They were done in Dundee by James Reville who worked for DC Thomson, the publisher of the Beano and Dandy comics. I bought them because you can see the hopelessness and despair in the subjects and are a continual reminder of how much more privileged my life has been compared with theirs.

7 Likes

These are just a few from our collection, the first is a painting by an Northern Territory indigenous artist which we love. She has since passed away.

These two were purchased in Barcelona and by a local street artist.

8 Likes

Michael Kvium( Danish artist) ‘ The double egged sisters’, oil on canvas original. A recent pension windfall finally allowed us to buy this painting, as we always wanted to own a work by him. The content of his paintings are highly symbolic and often very provocative- this never fails to polarise opinion. ATB Peter

8 Likes