NAIM products blurb query

My ND5XS.

If this doesn’t change with the ND5XS2 in place, how do I upload the current firmware?

Does the ND5XS2 being in place update the app screen?

The firmware update on the ND5 XS is different. You have to do it by downloading an update from the Naim website and running it on a computer.

But with the ND5XS2 it’s an “over the air” update, so the option to check for updates will be there in the Naim app if you are in the ND5 XS 2 page, just like with Eoink’s QB2.

Best

David

Yes the screen is context sensitive, so it changes for each and every different streamer. The page is already in your phone waiting to be triggered by the ND5 XS 2.

Best

David

Excellent.

I’ve been testing Qobuz “CD Quality” playback against Tidal “HiFi” with my earphones.

Qobuz wins hands down, no question about it.

I see an ND5 XS 2 in your future then! (You really don’t have anything to worry about regarding the Qobuz functionality.)

Best

David

Thanks David for taking over, family duties called. And oops on the beta testing bit, I moved to the production app, but forgot that there were still differences.

Yep. Just purchased the new streamer.

Thanks for the most excellent help, everybody.

:blush:

Great choice Mike, when it arrives do give us an update. Enjoy!

In terms of up to date amendments/info perhaps, but personally I’ve felt for several years that it’s one of the slickest looking sites out there with regards to the product portfolio, someone in hardware probably just needs to be tasked with reviewing the info to ensure that images and product features match.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.