Naim Records

How do you embed album cover art? I have that problem sometimes

i have only 2.

1 Like

I use dBpoweramp & Mp3tag
dBp is just follow the screen prompt at the bottom of the screen, then load your already acquired .jpg or follow the prompts & get it from www
Mp3tap is right click on the area of the screen were the art should be & follow the pop up screen list & add the art.
Don’t forget to save.

These two are excellent

1 Like

I have 62 including some samplers, as I seemed to get given a copy of the latest or forthcoming release on most of my visits to the factory! All of the early discs, particularly classical ones are excellent.

As a fan of Antonio Forcione, his gets the most plays here, but there are others to enjoy - Charlie Haden, Patrick Noland, Fred Simon, The Allegri Quartet, Iona Brown, and Harvard Gimse to name but a few. The only one in my collection that doesn’t get played (at all) is the legendary ‘Ear Wax Control - Live 2 CD’ (naimcd007) which has Paul Wertico, Jeff Czech and Gordon James literally trying clean your ears out with the sound of their instruments!

Thank you for the information @JT_NaimRecords, I think I will fill in a few gaps in the collection from the store over the coming months. I am pleased to see there are some new releases/activity on the horizon.

1 Like

Do you have foo foo and the boy?

You can see the answer to that question if you look closely at the photo. (Hint: it’s got a red spine).

1 Like

Yes it is there as David said. Click the picture to enlarge - it’s naimcd0057.

Nice one. I don’t think it’s available anymore, but I have had it years and enjoy it’s quirkiness

1 Like

Amazon markets in UK have one copy right now, new, for £2.21 plus p&p

I think the Havard Gimse recording you’re referring to is the Chopin Scherzi & Preludes from 1999 (naimcd028). If it’s still available, I would strongly recommend it. Don’t just take my word for it, the Penguin Guide raved about it too.

For a final touch of hagiography, Julian Vereker did the mastering on it, as he did on basically everything Back In The Day, so it really is as Naim as a recording could get.

Mark

The Havard Gimse recording was made by Ken Christianson of Pro Musica Chicago, whose recorder of choice was a lovely 2 channel Nagra IV-S R2R.

Hifi+ did an interesting interview of Ken to discuss his Naim recordings, a copy of which can be found on the AV Options site;

1 Like

Hi Mark
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I don’t have the Chopin recording you mention. The Grieg disc is NAIMcd059. It contains Grieg’s Folk Dances op.41, Norwegian Peasant Dances Op.72, Songs, Op.52 and Norwegian Folk Songs Op.66. It was recorded at Sofienberg Church Oslo in March 2001. The credits show it was recorded by Ken Christianson, Pro Musica Chicago, so obviously of the same pedigree as the Chopin disc already mentioned by you and by Richard.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.