Naim Servicing

That’s really good to hear. I haven’t had any first hand experience with their electronics service, but my second hand 2017 NDS came directly from their facility.

1 Like

I hope the turnaround on my 252 is that short. MY dealer said to expect two months or longer.

1 Like

250 finally off for service. Turnaround about 2 weeks. Went “somewhere else”. Naim dealer in north London estimated 6/8weeks. Life’s too short!

2 Likes

Yikes! I would never ship a Naim box naked. I always double box. My dealer keeps outer boxes as spares since they won’t ship them naked either.

2 Likes

Nah, it’s will be fine. It survived a couple of trips in the past and it’s fully insured!:sunglasses:

I’m in the U.S. and things are very different. Carriers can be brutal.

Also, if you have insurance and need to make a claim, most of the carriers (UPS, Fedex, etc) will deny it if you didn’t double box something like a Naim component, or speakers, etc.

2 Likes

In the US then, but not in Europe… We always take care of our packages with tenderness and love …:sunglasses:

1 Like

My 500 is with Naim since beginning of August for a DR upgrade…
Would have been nice to know that they would put them on hold until next year before…
Plus, I’ve always been told that the DR parts were out of stock and waiting for them to arrive, and hence the wait, but now it’s much clearer why they knew that it wouldn’t happen before next year… slightly deceitful.

2 Likes

Not deceitful, as all updates given were/are true.

For quite a while we had no DR components, so neither production or service could use them.

Then we received some and both production and service back orders were handled.

Now we are awaiting another order; production are always given priority if parts are short.

Apologies if your dealer didn’t pass on this information - the Service team are very up front about it (I sit near one of the team and have heard him share the info with multiple dealers over the past months.)

2 Likes

On the few occasions any of my naim gear has returned for service, it’s been real simple.
Dealer " books" a slot at factory. I keep the gear until a day or so before slot. I take gear to dealer, dealer couriers it to naim. This ensures I am without my gear for the minimum time possible. Each time means I get my gear back inside 7 days.
I sort of thought everyone did this?

2 Likes

That’s what happened when I arranged a service for someone a few years ago, it took about 10 days if I remember. Unfortunately, it appears not to be the case these days, & I’ve checked with a few others plus reading the forum.

My 282 had to RTB earlier this year. Nothing major, just a new logo, so perhaps not major surgery. I’m sure the key here, is to work your dealer.

Oh well, disappointments all round
Darren at Class A says Supernait need to go back to Naim.
Grrrr 6 to 8 weeks.
OK I’ll put this on hold until after the holidays.

1 Like

I got my boxes serviced + a DR upgrade at the Dutch Naim distributor recently. 4 boxes, turnaround time 3 weeks, as they said it would be upfront. Excellent. :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

You should double box and save the condition of the Naim box

2 Likes

Just a thought, can a SuperNait 1 be DR’d?

Tim

SuperNait can be paired with a HiCap-DR

No, but as Mike says above, the way to DR it would be to add a HICAP DR (Or even a SUPERCAP DR!).

Were you given an estimated turnaround time? I understood from earlier in this thread that once a service/upgrade is booked in the parts are allocated, so you shouldn’t still be waiting for DR parts since August.

Im due to send my 552 on Monday for service and upgrade, on the understanding that parts are already allocated. If you still don’t have parts since August, it doesn’t give me much confidence that I will get it back within a month (which is the target).

What for? They’ve been stored in the garage for years, covered in dust and cobwebs only coming out when something goes wrong with the units and need to go for repair/service. I certainly do not intend to sell them as antiques. I am not that sentimental and besides Naim can replace them quicker than they can actually service the units.:sunglasses:

2 Likes