Naim Speaker Plugs

Good choice Stu, you won’t be disappointed. Nac gives great detail and prat. It’s a good honest sounding cable if that makes sense. Doesn’t add fluff or wool to the sound. I’ve found some so called posh cables just muddy the sound and can make it dark and bloated sounding. If you need any help soldering the plugs let me know.

It does annoy me that some 4mm sockets are too shallow to take a standard banana plug. On my 250DR they are more than deep enough to take standard Naim plugs, but on the last two pairs of speakers I’ve owned they are nowhere near deep enough.

One more question. I’ve seen 3.5m is minimum recommended cable length for NAC A5 but 5m+ is optimum, I’m going to need to hide a lot of cable at 3.5m let alone 5m. Is the difference significant or are we into very small returns?

3.5M will be fine. I have two 7M runs in my room! I’d get more than you need in case you decide to move stuff about I’ve had to buy more on two occasions and it’s quite expensive. It is very good cable though. If you’re sure 3.5M will be enough I’d go with that. In terms of the extra you’re going to have to hide you can concertina it up and use cable ties to hold it in place under your rack. I’ll try find a pic for you.

Here you go;

1 Like

And here is a pic under the rack. You can make it look really tidy. This is my old olive system I do miss that!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea really appreciate all your help. I’ll get at least 5m to future proof as it were and hide the excess under the rack, it looks very tidy indeed.

PS I love the look of the Olive system. The system is currently in my bedroom before being moved downstairs. Trouble is I’ve kinda got used to having great sounding music in my bedroom. So I’m already planning a second system for the bedroom, and what better than some vintage Naim units like the olive series. No need to hide them away ether they look a great feature.

1 Like

No worries dude glad to be of help !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.