Naim Supernait 2 Used Prices?

Switching things off when not in use won’t effect the wear and tear, it will mean when you turn it on it’ll likely take 10-15 minutes to settle down and sound as it should. That is the primary motivation for leaving a system on and optimally “ready” 24/7 as the need for musical distraction takes you.
Regards SN1 and SN2 comparisons, they are quite different amps whereas the SN2 and SN3 behave in a more sonically similar fashion.
The SN1 does have a DAC, so if that’s important it may provide a level of convenience, you can however easily add a more enjoyable and capable DAC or streamer, an nDAC or ND5 XS2 as obvious examples. One of those and a SN2 would give you a more enjoyable system overall vs a SN1 (with or without a HiCap DR).
Adding a HiCap DR to a SN2 is a worthy addition providing better grip on the bottom end and a greater sense of seperation amd dimension to mids and upper mids.
I actually prefered the NAIT XS with a HiCap DR to the SN1, if your room and speaker mix is less demanding don’t overlook the NAIT XS or XS 2, either with a HiCap DR and sensible speaker pairing in a smaller room form a nice and capable system, I ran a few systems like that for some time and found the XS 2 in particular worked well with a HiCap DR.

1 Like

Thanks for that information appreciated as I am with all replies

2 Likes

I picked up my SN2 in mid-2022 for £1500. It has a 2013 serial number and hasn’t been serviced. Decent condition, some cosmetic blemishes. Set up some alerts and you should find them around the place.

I should also add that I recently added a HiCap DR to the SN2. No regrets there!

1 Like

I brought my SN2 (2015 serial number) four years ago (so it was a one owner, three year old model when I got it) in mint condition with all original packing, etc off Pinkfish for £1800. Cracking amplifier…add a HicapDR and it’s even better still.

3 Likes

@Kimbleman
I do think the SN2 is a great amp - especially at that kind of money.

1 Like

+1 to that!

Could I also ask what you would expect to pay for a Supernait 1 at this time?, for example a 2007 version against a 2011 version without servicing been done?. Thanks a lot.

I paid £1,700 18 months ago for a 2018 SN2 I already had a pretty decent phono stage so didn’t go for a 3. Personally if I where you I’d go for latest production SN2 you can find and expect to pay about what I did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.