Naim Uniti 1 Internet Radio restoring history

Hi,
I have a Naim Uniti 1 (non 192 kHz) and I am having problems with Internet radio stations where the station would always start with “restoring history” message going to 70%, then back and forth and would start playing after some time. It almost never starts immediately. Some stations are worse than others and with some I have drop-outs. This is happening with average bitrate station (128 to 192 kBps)
I should note that Uniti is connected by a LAN cable to a very fast optical Internet connection.
I also have Bluesound Node 2 which never drops out when listening to the internet radio.
Is it because of small buffer in early Uniti or is there any other explanation?

My SuperUniti has a similar issue with it sticking on “restoring history” at 72%. I get this when switching to UPnP input and requires me to press Stop to clear the message. Not a huge issue when I switch manually but it also does this if I set an album playing via BubbleUPnP… it plays the first track and then stops. I have to reach for the remote. Note that using the Naim android app doesn’t have this issue.

Personally, I think the “history” sticking is unlikely to be an issue with your network. I have reported my issue to Naim but they can’t / won’t reproduce it and haven’t told me what “history” it is restoring. I suspect it is some incompatibility with Asset UPnP server’s album “shuffle tracks” view, as it happens there most reliability… but support just suggested I use another server when I mentioned that (even though Asset is widely used and robust software shouldn’t lock up like this).

I’ve not had dropouts, but the SU is a recent one with Bluetooth so the streaming board might have a bit of spare processing power.

More constructively, does your problem show itself more or less when you use the remote control / Naim app / something else?

It is happening with Internet radio only. I control it with the app and this history restoring is more prominent on IOS app. I use remote only for volume control. I have a NAS as well (tried both MInimserver and Asset) and accessing folder is a bit slower than I would expect on wired LAN, but no history restoring (It looks like nobody knows the meaning of that message).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.