Naim uniti atom update help!

Hello when i buy atom and i start it he do some update and on mobile device i see version is 3.4 and say firmware is up to date. on Naim site i can find version 4.6 how can i update my atom , or is that last version…

3.4 is the latest version of firmware for Uniti Atom.

Best

David

1 Like

Software update is 4.6

4.6 is for the legacy streamers (UnitiQute, SuperUniti, NDX, NDS, 272 etc) and is not for the current Uniti range. 3.4 is the latest for your Atom.

1 Like

Thanks mate, i have some question too we talk about whitenoise yesterday some guy told me he got atom and its dead silent no noise from speaker when he go near tweeter, and im confused now about that

You probably have better hearing. As I said yesterday the noise is not completely normal and not something to worry about. I got my first Naim in 1983 and could hear the hiss clearly. Now, 37 years later, I don’t hear it. So think of it as something to celebrate!!

1 Like

Actually 4.6 isn’t the latest for the legacy streamers either, 4.7 is the latest there.

Best

David

1 Like

Do atom need brake in and for speakers Aria 906 in store told me for around 200h for brake in, and i wish what diferent i should hear after brake in period… what diference in sound… thanks :slight_smile:

Have you bothered with 4.7? I don’t use Tidal at all, so don’t see much point.

Hi Alexander

I am running in a fairly new Atom and new speakers which also need at least 200 hours to sound their best. Over the couple of weeks I’ve had them, the sound has become a little smother and more relaxed. Is that the system or my ears getting used to them? I don’t know and, honestly, I don’t care.

Getting a new system should be a cause for enjoyment not anxiety. My advice would be to forget about running in, hiss from the tweeters, or anything else. Just play lots of music and have fun. That’s what I’m doing.

Roger

3 Likes

All Naim amps hiss, it’s a feature :slight_smile: I have found ifferent speakers show it up more or reveal it less. My current ones I hear it far more than previous ones. Dont worry just listen.

1 Like

Roger gives brilliant advice above. There are people who write detailed comments in a journal about their ‘break-in journey’, which is one way of doing things. The other is to make a drink, sit down, and and enjoy the music. You have a lovely system. Now just relax and forget about it. Its only purpose is to let you enjoy your music.

I have been using 4.7 since it was in beta and the system sounds as good as it ever has. It’s best to be on the latest firmware to ensure optimum coordination with the app. It’s also in a known state if anything goes amiss and you have to contact Naim. The first thing they will probably ask is ‘are you on the latest firmware?’

yes 3.4 is latest firmware, but for software update i think he will automaticaly start to download if they make new one… on naim app i see volume 85% in setting can you explain me what is that ?

The firmware and software are the same thing. There are only so many ways of saying that 3.4 is the latest and you will just have to believe it!

The 85% means that the Atom will not play louder than 85% of its maximum. It’s a feature that stops you or others suddenly turning up the volume to full. You can alter it to whatever you want using the app.

I haven’t bothered as the changes were tidal and BBC world service iRadio related, neither of which I use. But one SuperUniti that I bought pre-loved from a dealer has 4.7 on it. I can’t say it sounds any different to me than my other one which is still on 4.6, although as the speakers and rooms are different between the two, I can’t really judge.
Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.