Naim Uniti Star question

Now that my all-Naim system is taken away from me, I have to start from scratch :neutral_face:
Naim Uniti Star is what I have now, upgrading to a better TT is on my to-do list.
My QUESTION: is it true that all analog-In signals are digitized by this new Uniti Naim range???

Yes, the Star will digitise the analogue input and send it to the DAC. This allows all inputs to be used in multiroom mode if you have more than one streamer.

1 Like

Thank You! My Naim dealer said the same but I decided to double-check because I did not want to believe this! He also said that only the new Uniti range does this. How is this digitizing done, to 16/44.1 or higher?
The only good news for me is that now I do not wave to worry about upgrading TT :grinning:

No one seems to know for sure about this analog inputs digitizing, and Uniti Star info package does not even mention this glitch. Will ask my dealer on the next visit, but for now I found a mention at avforums that Uniti range inputs “digitise at CD resolution”

All the new Unitis do it. If they didn’t, it wouldn’t be possible to play from analogue inputs via multiroom, so you can be sure that this is the case.
Not sure why you describe this as a ‘glitch’, are you saying that your turntable sounds poor through the Star?

1 Like

TT sounds OK, and sorry about the “glitch” wording: no disrespect intended or implied… sound-wise it is Not even close to what I got used to with my Keel-ed/Naim-ed Sondek but its time to learn to live with what I have now…
Is it possible to get this “digitized” signal off Uniti Star? For iPod playback or archiving

I wouldn’t worry about the digitising of the analogue signal - I have used a decent spec LP12 with my Nova and it sounded very good - better than with my old Superuniti which did not digitise the phono signal.

1 Like

My avid diva sounds fantastic with my naim nova … I upgraded from Goldnote valore 425 to avid diva and the improvement was great. if you upgrade your turntable is no joke … it will sound better with your Uniti Star !!!

1 Like

Wow, you put Uniti Nova to some serious use!!! I will take a closer look at my Star now: for me it was just a temp, space-saving solution for while I am rebuilding the house and have neither space nor extra $$$

you must have meant that it is “a” joke, and compared to Sondek or Diva it is… :no_mouth:

I’ll explain what I mean.
The DAC found in Uniti Star is so good that it pays to upgrade its existing turntable to a better one. Uniti star will provide better sound. I do not want to criticize or raise individual marks on turntables. I chose Avid to fulfill Naim’s signature in my ears. “PRAT”.
Of course, it is a balance and optimization to get the maximum performance of your Uniti Star and it is very high performance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.