Naim Unity Atom plus vintage Visonik 3-way speakers

I’m probably going to buy a Naim Unity Atom streamer (I got one for my daughter for Christmas, and it’s just great). I have a vintage set of high quality, German Visonik Ambassador 150 three-way loudspeakers with 12" woofers from the '80s (which are in great shape, btw). The speakers have an impedance of 4 ohms. Right now I’m using a vintage 40 watt JVC receiver with an impedance of 8 ohms, which works just fine with the 4 ohm speakers. My question is, will the Unity Atom be able to drive these speakers without running hot? The watts are the same as my old amp.

Any idea on the sensitivity of these Germans?
You could consider trying it out with your daughter’s Atom - even if she’s probably hooked, she owes you for such a generous present! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I had to find a pro who would solder the Naim speaker plugs to my old, simple speaker wires. Then when hooked my daughter’s Atom up to my Visoniks they sounded great. I’ll be buying the unit for myself as a late Christmas present!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.