Naim Website First to Hear 8.5.2019

Riaa is coming :snowflake:

it can be a new album? to hear?

A new speaker range…I’ll get me coat :wink:

Brexit ??? !!!

7 Likes

The Naim cookware collection ?

3 Likes

And that was after I edited to remove typos.

Hi
Enjoying reading the thread of what people are anticipating :slightly_smiling_face: but you’re not going to get any clues from me though !
To answer your question @Gazza I’m testing at NDX 2 / Supernait 2 / XPS / Stageline / Super Lumina / Focal Kanta 2 stage so far… it’s been incredible though getting to hear more and more of the systems in various configurations here at HQ and at retailers and customers houses. So not quite on Statement level,… yet.
I would like to say at this stage, firstly, thank you to so many of you for making me feel so welcome. I’ve met a number of forum members at shows and on my travels over the past six months, and your feedback and support has been fantastic. I already feel very much a part of the Naim family and community. I’m really happy to report that the business is doing well around the world, we have new enthusiasts joining the family every day, and some great work coming to life behind the scenes.
Our focus remains as it always has been, an absolute obsession for quality without compromise, bringing the latest technology to life while remaining faithful to the Naim voice and philosophy. With this in mind, it’s been exciting joining at a time when the new range of Naim Streamers has come to market, and seeing streaming reaching a level of true audiophile quality. And there’s lots going on behind the scenes to keep innovation at the heart of our business (but no spoilers here :wink: )
Cheers, Charlie

19 Likes

I was thinking of a Muso replacement, now that it’s 5 years old, dressed in Uniti clothes and marketed as the entry level product in the Uniti range. It would rationalise Naim’s 3 ranges into 2 product lines and pave the way for (new) Muso owners to later upgrade within the same family.

2 Likes

Well, if this is the 272 replacement, I think it would be a disaster if it were to look like a Uniti product. While the Atom looks super, the full sized ones look dreadful, like they’ve been bodged together from random bits. Nobody in their right mind with a 272 and XPS, 555PS, 200, 250 or 300 is going to swap a perfectly matching 272 with a Uniti style replacement, which would look like a cuckoo in the nest. I’m sure Naim are not so foolish that they would even contemplate it. Two or three green logos and one white one? I don’t think so.

6 Likes

I imagine it would look more like the NDX2 so your green light and design continuity is preserved

1 Like

To me either a reference server or cables.

Oooh… can’t wait. I’ve got a new box of these opened up and waiting in anticipation;

It’s been a long wait, so hopefully well worth it…

20 Likes

Better than Sony UX Pro? They were my preference back in the day, don’t think I ever tried these.

ok,stupid question- what do you do with tapes?
…buy new music on tapes?
…record radio (?) as mix-tape?
…love tapes for the sake of tapes :-)?

You can buy new music in cassette tape. Some bands only release on cassette tape.

You can also record onto tape; radio, mix tapes, whatever you like.

And for some there is just the love of tape and taping. Tape is fun.

4 Likes

thanks! :slight_smile:

Ah the good old days with my JVC KDA5 recording Tommy Vance, John Peel and other radio shows. I still have a pile of cassettes with these valuable, to me at least, recordings.

Richard

4 Likes

Yep - Just think of an NDX2 with the addition of a volume knob and headphone socket to its left hand front panel.

Naim streaming service?

1 Like

Indeed, and coincidently I have spent part of the afternoon digitizing the six tapes from a recent Demdike Stare release.

To be fair they do also release vinyl, CDs & downloads.

Mike

1 Like