Naim x Magico

Bart, that’s looking really nice. I’m not really a fan of black speakers but with your neutral room it looks very good. Now, and don’t think I’m being picky, you need to sort out the wire to the left hand speaker. If you run it from the amplifier to the left behind the rack, and then back again so it’s basically all straight, it should sound better than being left in a heap. I tried this with my wires and it really makes a difference. If I recall correctly I think it says this in the SL instructions.

1 Like

I love the look of your system, handsome, stylish, black and a no nonsense sense of engineering; serious stuff…!

Re the siding of the glass shelves (and lifted largely from Richard’s FAQ guidance), when rebuilding my Fraim I hold a shelf vertically (long axis hanging down) and give it a tap with bare knuckles. Most times, not always, one side ‘dings’ more than the other (which sometimes ‘donks’) - the ‘ding’ side sits upwards.

Be careful to grasp the shelf firmly enough, as they can be quite slippy. Holding it too firmly reduces the ability to detect the difference IME.

There are 4 possible orientations of a Fraim glass, often they all give a different donk/ding when tapped in situe.I couldn’t swear the dingingest is the best way round as I’ve just followed the adice and not compared.

Love your tips; keep them coming!

That’s the spirit. Here is the last… get shot if that manky 252 and buy what your system deserves, a 552.

Thanks! The ‘cool industrial design’ of the Naim black boxes / green logo does indeed work for us, which means that the Fraim actually works for us too. I liked my old cherry wood veneer speakers, but the black anodized aluminum of these works very well with the black anodized Naim boxes. I’d not want them any larger, but they do just fine, aesthetically, for us. Zero issues with WAF and indeed she was part of the audition process. And we had our first real listen together last night and were very pleased.

(The orange microfibre cloth is supplied by Magico, and does a nice job taking off fingerprints.)

Judging from your last photo it looks like you have a good large room which can take in this system. How large is your room?

The room is 13 x 19 feet, and we sit the short way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.