Nait 3 for present to my son

They are very large to be fair. Seen some on eBay for £160.

Actually Dan they are smaller than you think with a very small footprint as they go straight against a wall. Mine were in a room of that size or slightly bigger and they were fantastic. I’ve seen them cheaper than that, mine were black which tend to be cheaper, the wood finish i’d imagine being up to that price if they are lovely.

1 Like

What a great idea.

1 Like

Thanks Gary. The price is ideal and they look pretty cool. I respect your advice on this. I may well take a punt on them.

Dan, are they the fluted front variety, and are they Rega or Royd driver versions do you know?

1 Like

They are fluted and on eBay. Check them out and see what you think. Have offered £120.

They look pretty nice Dan, certainly a nice version, Rega driver and fluted fronts, exactly same as the ones i had but mine were black. Shame that there’s a knock on one corner, but that’s just a cosmetic gripe.

1 Like

A pre-owned CD3.5/FC/Nait 3 is what got me hooked on Naim 20ish years ago. I’m sure he’ll love his gifts.

1 Like

Hi Dan, they are missing the spike out riggers

The outriggers have been removed by the looks of it, but are supplied, they are in the last image.

1 Like

got a pair of black ones, such a easy speaker to listen to. A dealer offered me £30 as a trade in on a new pre power deal, didn’t bite .

1 Like

Shame about the knock. I am a builder and artist so can work my magic on that if I am successful in buying them!

1 Like

Then that sounds like a plan!

2 Likes

+1 for the ELAs. Great speaker.

I remember listening to them a lot in Robert Ritchie’s dem room when I was auditioning additions and upgrades to my system in the early 90s. As I recall, they sounded to me like a less refined version of SBLs but at a quarter of the price.

2 Likes

I can totally recommend this combo too having owned them. NAIT 3 (I had the phono boards in mine with my RP3) and Rega Ela’s are a lovely combo esp with NAC A5. I still have my Ela’s boxed up… will use them one day. They are not ‘lookers’ though …

1 Like

I’ve bought them and secured a deal for £140. Picking them up in January as seller is away from home. Got the 2 x 3.5m of Naca5 and Nait turning up soon before Christmas. Will use existing AE speakers to start with.

One step at a time.

Ordered interconnect for CD player as well.

Should be a nice 2nd system with Thorens TD160, Marantz CD player and Yamaha twin tape deck.

8 Likes

Classic. Well done.

2 Likes

Well done Dan.

10 years or so ago I passed on my Rega Planar 3 / RB 300 / Nagaoka MP 50 to my son and we set up a nice system with a NAD 3020 BEE amp and very decent speakers. He still uses it to this day. I hope your son enjoys that very nice system as much.

Claude

2 Likes

It will be lovely 2nd system in the study/son’s game room.

Very much looking forward to hearing it and see how it compares with my main system!

In a small room the 2nd system should sound great.

Very excited!

3 Likes

I think a picture is needed when completed. He’s a lucky chap with that kit :+1:

3 Likes