Nait 5 volume knob removal

Hi all,

Is there a quick & easy way to remove the outer plastic volume knob on my Nait 5 without stripping down the unit.

The issue is this. I received the amp from Ebay (Acoustica) & when moving the volume around the dial, the sound only begins to kick in just before 9 o clock, at this point the output is very low & having owned one of these in the past, i know this is wrong. Acoustica suggested removing the volume knob to sort it.

I have reset the amp so it is as when manufactured.

Thanks.

If it’s the same as my Nait 5… the volume knob is on a splined shaft and just pulls off.

It should pull off but be careful of the LED wire dressing.

Remember that the original NAIT 5 used an encoder and resistor ladder network, and so the volume control response is rather different to the units with regular ALPS pots.

The volume control on the Nait 5 is programmable/adjustable for each input – a very nice feature. Before you remove the volume knob, I recommend making sure that the gain hasn’t been “programmed down” for the input you’re using.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.