Nait 5i-2 or save for XS/XS2?

I can pick up a Nait 5i-2 for around $650US. Is that a good price? It’s a 2008 model year and is in excellent condition. Or, is it worth spending an extra $700US for an XS or XS2? With that being said, does the XS/XS2 sound that much better for an additional $700? How close does a Nait 5i-2 get in sound quality to an XS/XS2? 50%? 70%? 90%? My CD player is a 5i-2 so I was thinking of mating it to the Nait it was meant to match. If I got an XS, I probably wouldn’t expand it. I’m looking for the most bang for my buck right now.

Naim gear needs expensive servicing every 15years or so. Go to AVOptions in the US to see his much that costs for the 5i unit.
How old is the XS unit?

The XS is a 2009.

It’s everyone question: what you hain when you are going up the Naim range: the reality is : you have less floor noise, more bass, more realness, more PRAT, more involving, complete and togheter, more airy and definition. Personnaly i would go the further i can in the Naim range. You can’t put a purcentage on that because sometime the subtil amelioration take some time to understand that she is not subtile like she look at the beginning… Be careful with the A-B comparaision.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.