Nait 5i speaker recommendations

I run mine from my SN3/HiCap DR and to say they’re more than the sum of their parts is an understatement - I also disagree in that they need a sub - I have no desire to add the n-SUB here.

1 Like

My own n.Sats had exactly that congested sound you describe, I solved issue as its room and rear wall distance based, pity you didn’t manage to hear them at their best.

Exactly right. And also bear in mind that there was a tweak to the crossover at some point fairly early in production that made some small difference here.

Congested is not how I would describe mine, even driven by the humble Atom. They did sound mediocre with some non-Naim speaker cable I had lying around, but I was astonished by the difference using NACA5.

1 Like

If your wife to quote you ‘strongly disagrees’ then I would focus on being happy with your existing sound rather than cause marital disharmony.

2 Likes

A well integrated N-Sub can make a fantastic improvement. It doesn’t really assert itself, just puts more flesh on the bones as it were. Like any sub, it can be a disaster if you just stick it in any old corner and hope for the best, but if you can get it properly integrated with the room and speakers it really can transform the sound of your system.
(Of course, if you’re in a good place now it’s not compulsory to change anything!)

1 Like

Glad to hear that the wonderful Guru Juniors are being appreciated. Fantastic speaker!

Back to my original post and thank you to all those that have made suggestions & recommendations. Certainly food for thought, I was particularly interested in the likes of the Neat Petites and Guru Juniors although trawling the internet they appear to be as rare as Hen’s teeth ! Got some auditions pencilled in so hopefully I’ll narrow things down.
Having looked at room dimensions/space etc I’ve decided to broaden out the search to include compact floorstanders. Budget remains up to c. £1k although would go slightly over if something really impressed and of course I wouldn’t have to budget for stands. As always, suggestions & recommendations would be appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by “congested
sound”. Please could you explain with more detail?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.