Nait 5si to xs2

Hi guys new to this forum and relatively new to Naim equipment. I have a nait 5si which I purchased new last year a cd5 and flat cap which I bought used, running tannoy xt8f speakers using qed xt40 reference cable, streaming is catered for using Cambridge cxn and for vinyl I’m using marantz tt15s1 turntable. Now I love the system as a whole but think the nait xs2 would be a better choice of amp and could i use the flap cap with it and is adding a power amp later something I could potentially do?
Thanks

yes and yes i did that upgrade from 5si to bare xs2 wich was a good uplift then added a hicap for even more… then a supernait 2 and so it begins!

5 Likes

The XS2 is a superb amp. Enjoy.

5 Likes

Yes, a route well travelled, start with a Nait, then perhaps a better Nait, then a power supply then pre/power plus power supply

Welcome to the road to perdition

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 16.22.13

3 Likes

Just like me, I have a Nait5si, an ND5xs2, the Marantz TT15s1 platter plus various SACDs and a Cambridge Aria as a phono … Let’s say I like it but I would like to upgrade to xs3 with some concern, the Nait5si still sounds very good

1 Like

I went from Nait 5i to xs separates and there was a noticeable improvement. Well worth it for me. Have heard naitxs2 a couple of times and was impressed.

2 Likes

Will it be a noticeable difference in sound quality or would I benefit from going to supernait 2??

Well the supernait 2 is arguably a better amp. More power and control. With my speakers I found it a bit too forward and edgy so I waited and got 272/250.
However with the right speakers it will certainly out perform both the 5si and xs2

1 Like

In my experience i would go straight to a SN2. I went from a 5Si to XS 2 and now SN3. If i had my turn again? i would cut out the middle man.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.