Nait XS3 wins group test in HiFi Choice

As I said it was plain vanilla, weak, wishy washy and well plain vanilla

There are comments on the Harbeth website that suggest the P3 is the hardest speaker in the range to drive. I like them very much but it was not an inspiring pair up. I have had Naim amplification for over a quarter of a century

No reflection on both products , just horses for courses or good ol’ fashioned synergy.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with plain vanilla.
You could get sick and tired of having to make your way through minted choc chips, coconut nibs and cookies everyday.

1 Like

I’m not sure I could.

2 Likes

Sorry @ian2001 - I’ve a quick question…

You mention that your HiCap isn’t DR? Is there an issue with using a H/C DR with the XS3?

I only ask as I’m starting to thing about adding one to my system (XS3) and will be going down the second hand route to save cash, so obviously want to buy the right thing!

There are no compatibility issues with using DR power supplies with any Naim gear. I haven’t heard a Hicap on a NaitXS, but generally, I would say the DR version is worth getting.

1 Like

Another review just in, and can be read here;

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/naim-nait-xs3-integrated-amplifier-review.17331

3 Likes

I know that if I were starting with a “clean slate” and able to buy a new system for the cost of my existing system I would go for the full XS range as the core, with more efficient speakers

I’m glad I went for the xs3 especially for the phono stage. Now I just need to get some new speakers to do it justice.

2 Likes

Those are lethal words on this form…

1 Like

Enjoyed the review and would not hesitate to buy one if the need arises. Loved my XS 2 and it was my introduction to the Naim product line.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.