Nakamichi Dragon

Rosita Vision. Looks nice too.

Prices are very high, so wonder if it’s on the level of Nakamichi.

That’s just so :sunglasses::ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Che bella!

1 Like

A question … output of naim equipment for recording seems following standard german din, where the level is 160mV . A deck with only rca connection can record without problems or restrictions?

I dunno, but I have never had any problems with recording.

Naim use DIN connectors but the levels are not to the old DIN standard (which can be noisy when mixed with RCA Phono), but fully compatible with regular line level RCA Phono kit. If connecting a tape recorder you should use the RCA Phonos unless you’re sure that the DIN on your recorder is set at normal line level rather than DIN standard.

1 Like

I still have my JVC KDA5 deck, which I loved, and a load of cassettes of John Peel, Tommy Vance and an excellent BBC series on 25 years of rock from back in the early 80s.

Richard

4 Likes

I love the KD-A5. It was one of the last of the really great JVC decks, along with the KD-A8, before they lost the plot and produced a whole raft of decks that appeared to offer much, but were either so poorly aligned or just covered in features that did nothing for performance. I still have a KD-A5 because it looks great and still performs really well. I love the way that JVC swam against the tide and put the cassette well on the right hand side. My only gripes are the VU meters, which were rather sluggish and tended to under-read, but at least the peak LEDs kept you out of trouble, and the door which makes cleaning the transport a bit of a pain.

1 Like

Thank you all so far.I decided to seat down and wait,but sooner or later I will get a tape recorder.Kev,your Dragon is lovely.

1 Like

I never owned a ND but I recall seeing one in the PX HiFi shop in Japan as a young Marine and being amazed at the complexity of it all. I have a memory of the tape transport mechanism coming straight out and flipping the tape automatically but the first image in this thread looks different so maybe it was just a dream. :smiley:

That must be it, thought it was the Dragon. Thanks!

1 Like

There’s one on that web site for only 9.999,99.Actually a big deal…!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.