Name my Naim upgrade!

I suppose the imbalance at the moment is roughly £2k’s worth of front end - streamer/pre-pwr amps and £600 speakers.
Interesting about the Atom v UQ2 sound quality, not sure i want to go that route if marginal gains. Volume wise NAP100 cranks 75w pc into Dynaudios so plenty loud for me (and the neighbours)
I appear to be talking myself into re-booking a holiday!!

i think the important its the quantity of current (like a motor torque), not the w´s.
your NAP100 its redundant with any All-in-one. Or should be. If you want more then one box, follow the Nova or a different path, forgeting the NAP100.

1 Like

I guess the sound quality differences will always be subjective, but I’m sure you can manage to carry your Qute round to the store and decide that for yourself. What you will get from the Atom (apart from a bit more power to drive your speakers, so you may decide you can do without the 100) is improved functionality, the big bonus to my mind being Qobuz HiRes support which really raises the bar when it comes to sound quality from internet streaming services. Plus all the other stuff, like Airplay, Chromecast, better WiFi, etc.
Of course, you can get all that plus further gains in sound quality by going further up the range, as I’m sure you will discover if you set foot in that store!

You might also want to consider that there are a few things you lose on the new platform, which will annoy some people if they don’t find out until they’ve made a purchase. For example, the Atom has no SPDIF out, no FM radio, and you can’t control all inputs from the remote.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.