Nap 200 nac 202

Hi Ryder

As the QBD76 has a slightly higher output volume than the recent Chord Dacs, do you find it a bit loud for your 202/200 or is it perfectly usable (I mean the volume range)

Hi Analog,

I don’t find the volume to be too high when the QBD76 is used with the 202/200. The volume control on the 202 (and 282) is perfectly usable when both are used with the QBD76.

The QBD76 is used with the 282 in the main system most of the time. The 202 is only connected to the QBD76 when I craved a change, a different sound or presentation. It usually happens when I have too much time on my hands which is a rare thing to happen. One thing is for sure, the Chord DAC is surely a fantastic piece. I still recall the moment I switched the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC out for the QBD76. Music just sprang to life and sounded so alive it’s quite a big difference. I think I reinserted the MF M1 DAC just once to see if I’m imagining things. The Musical Fidelity was immediately sold after that as it truly sounded broken next to the Chord, dull and lifeless as if Dolby NR was heavily applied in a bad way. Sounded like the speakers were covered by a thick duvet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.