NAP 250 DR vs NAP 300

I have never heard a 300 without dr. To me the 300 dr has more visceral impact, it sounds a faster more dynamic amp imo than the 250 dr. But both are great amps in the right system.

2 Likes

So I got a 250DR and did a direct comparison to the 135s.

Simply put, I much preferred the 135s. The 250 DR was more detailed, warmer in tonality and clearly revealed more in the midrange. But, the 135s could not be matched for visceral impact, PRAT, and also offered a smoother treble albeit not as revealing as the 250DR. The bass is also considerably tighter and more revealing on the Monoblocks.

Such is my surprise at the results and serving from memory of the 300 I don’t think I’ll be making a purchase for the 250/300 or even a DR after all.

Now as I was conducting the comparison I came across an older post that stressed the importance of all Snaics being left unlocked. Only the Burndy cable should be locked. So I decided to give this a go.

Wow. Shocking difference. After 3 days there was more control, focus and calmness to the music. The emotion of the music is coming through more than ever now.

I think this may be my end game… well in terms of components anyway. :grimacing:.

I’m sure I will eventually do the Powerline and Snaic upgrades.

1 Like

sorry Kahn, to confirm, the 250DR is your endgame or the 135s?

135s

very nice, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.