NAP 300 DR labelling confusion

My bad! I did think something about that as I clicked Reply, but honestly couldn’t remember ever encountering a male Jodie. First time for everything - do apologise to him on my behalf.

Mark

with the 300 this is how it sit’s on FRAIm in my system
LP12
NDX
300 AMP
300 PSU
SC
the best with the SC is as far away as possible, also with FRAIM the burndy lead sits in a U shape with SNIAC cable as close to Burndy

not sure what racking you have?? also note you have PSU for CD

Yes, the clue is in the name! Temper your excitement when it arrives and ensure you connect the burndies and, most important and a mistake loads of people make, the din to XLRs correctly. Red is right, green is left. It doesn’t matter which of the dins goes in which socket at the Supercap end, but you must connect them the right way round on the back of the 300 head unit. If you get it wrong you will enjoy the sound of silence.

1 Like

Hi @Antz. I currently have the wrong rack, but I am going to save for a Fraim after some work getting my LP12 and CB system up and running. I am convinced it will be an upgrade and needs to be sorted. I also want to show I have been listening.

I hadn’t thought of the Supercap. Because of location and some new levels I am going with seven, well tightened shelves.

CDS3
300 HU
Empty
XPS
300 PSU
Supercap

I reversed the 300 PSU and Supercap based on your suggestion.

Longest run will be 5 levels which is approx 800 mm so I think cables should all reach.

Total height is about 1.15m so alternative might be to install the 252 on top of the right hand Isobarik. Give it some breathing space.

Thanks @anon4489532. That is exactly the kind of mistake I can make. Should know better but I never read the manuals either.

Thanks for the tip/reminder!

My new NAP 300 DR is supposedly arriving this afternoon. I checked the Connection Guide Amplification and you’re dead right (channel 1 = left = green). I’d have assumed port and starboard if I hadn’t looked more carefully. That and the crossed speaker connections when viewed from the rear keep life interesting…

That’s an interesting concept. :thinking: :joy:

When my now 300 was being demoed the youth in the shop couldn’t get any sound of it, till I mentioned the L / R cables. Every day’s a school day… :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I got my 552/500 back from servicing and DRing, I got no sound at all - after setting everything up I got to fitting the Burndies and discovered they hadn’t been returned, so it was back to the Star I’d been loaned while Naim sent me a pair!

P.S. I though the Star was seriously good.

That order looks about right.
Doesn’t the isobarik have drive units on top?

Would you credit it, he even had a 50/50 chance!

To be fair he only had one chance - as soon as nothing happened I thought it only fair to mention it.

Was that a post-Julian decision? I thought he was interested in yachts and would have stuck with Red for Port and Green for Starboard.

Red = Right (CH2)

Yes, well mine do. Two in each cabinet, firing upwards.

Putting something on top of one of them is going to change the perceived sound.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.