Nap 300DR

Bart, I’m sure you will remember me suggesting a 300 to you, and you saying no. I bet you are pleased you went for it in the end. It really is a stunningly good power amp. The head unit is the only standard sized classic box with no buttons, which somehow looks really good.

True indeed. I wanted to avoid more boxes and 2 stacks of Fraim, but now I know! It’s really quite different than the 250DR. I was fortunate to find one “gently used” from a good home!

Get a grip…you know its a NAP500😎

1 Like

…and you can just cut that out too! I have spent all my money on Amos Lee albums and concerts!
:wink:

3 Likes

Before servicing olive 250’s I home demoed the 250DR and 300DR, both were better than my 250s, but the 300DR was a big step up.

I’ve wondered if the product name (pardon the pun) is something that makes us expect only a small incremental upgrade - 250DR to 300DR, doesn’t sound much but when you appreciate the different topology and the fact it’s two boxes I think you can understand the reason for the change.

I had other priorities to address first, but the 300DR just seemed to get a grip on the music especially at lower volume levels.

Stereoplay. Look at the list of best amp:

2 Likes

I don’t believe in that list. The Nait 2 should be at the top!

You wants it, you needs it… my precious…c’mon Nigel - resistance is futile - give in to the dark side

2 Likes

You are a bad man, Adam.

1 Like

Absolutely! :+1:
The 300DR does a great job controlling your speakers at low volume levels! That’s one reason, out of many, I chose it over the 250DR

1 Like

You are not wrong in your assessment Alley_Cat with listening at lower volume levels.

Steve@

All you need is a NAP250DR :blush:

1 Like

SN2 Rules.

4 Likes

Can you connect a NAC 202 with HiCAP to a 300DR?

You can, though it wouldn’t be a particularly sensible long term combination.

When I changed from 202/200 to 202/250 the improvement was far less than when I went 282/250. So I’d be inclined to support the view of @anon4489532 regarding using 300DR with a 202.

Aside from @frenchrooster, there’s not much discussion here on how the 300DR works with the room. I have a 252/SCDR/250DR and I’m interested in a 300DR. I’m keen to hear a lot more detail at low listening levels that the 300 offers. I do have concerns though about excessive bass and my system being thrown out of balance, particularly given my small listening room at 3.5m x 3.5m. Is anyone using a 300DR in a smallish room?

1 Like

Yes and it sounds superb with exactly your set up. Biggest difference from 250DR for me was the intricacies and detail at lower volume.

1 Like

My room is 3.6 by 5m. No bass issues at all, but then I have speakers with a very tight bass anyway.

3.5 x 4.5, PMC25:26 on a 300DR no bass issues here either and great for low level listening.