NAP 552 Burndy Orientation

Just setup my newly acquired 552. The Burndy from the PS to the NAC does not have a band on it to indicate which way round it should go. It’s a kind of braided outer sheath cable. I have plugged it all together and have to admit it’s a massive uplift on my 282.
I can only assume it does not matter which way around it goes. It’s a 2021 new unit. Have they changed the Burndy.

1 Like

This - potentially - doesn’t sound like a genuine Naim Burndy lead to me… :thinking:

There should be a band at/near one end - and the cable is smooth black.

Pls post a picture to get a definite view…

PS. Here is a genuine Naim Burndy:

This is an S-XPS Burdy (from c.2005) , running from my XPS2 to my CDX2.

Just to add to the confusion, my Burndy is the same as Mike1’s, with a slightly hard to see band around one end, under the braided outer, and which goes to the head unit.

1 Like

It could be hiding under the braided sheath and not easy to see. A slight bulge gives it away and when you look closer there’s a green band which I can’t get to show in a photo.

1 Like

Like this

1 Like

I don’t think genuine Naim Burndys have braided sheaths.

Oo-err… Different Burndy’s are about… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well mine is a genuine and even back to naim to be checked last year
Just dont use it these days

Dey do doh, dey definitely do. :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

552’s and 500’s Burndys have braided sheaths, you can see both in my picture and also those of a 555 and superline without braided covers. All either new from Naim or returned by them with serviced kit.

1 Like

Yup, the NAC552/552PS Burndy does indeed have a braided outer sheath. Underneath the sheath you should be able to see a white band which indicates which end goes closest to the NAC552.

3 Likes

The 300 does, for instance

1 Like

It is an original. The 552 is new from dealer with sealed boxes

Thanks chaps I will check more carefully for marks when home later and report.

It should not be this hard to work out which end goes where?

It’s not hard. It’s just a matter of reading the manual.

1 Like

Nothing to do with the manual which I have read. I just can’t see the mark. As some have said it’s hard to see.

That’s what I meant. If you can’t easily see the marked end, you are stuffed.

I consider myself severely told. :flushed::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

As per Richard’s post above here is my lead. You can clearly see the white band under the braid with that end going to the 552 head unit.

2 Likes

Thanks Michael will look again when home. Thankyou

1 Like