NAP140: To service or not?

It’s not a long list. In the UK, Naim themselves, and Class A. I think that may actually be it. In other countries, you talk to your local distributor.

Some dealers are authorized to do some types of maintenance work, but I’m not aware of any that do full-blown servicing.

If you are selling save the money on the service and let the buyer take care of that so they have peace of mind. If you are keeping get it serviced by Naim. It does not cost too much and will come back like new.

I think this thread is becoming a bit confused because of all the posts that have been edited or removed! I have some kit that I want to get serviced, which is replacing some kit that I will be selling. It looks like I will have to contact Class A if I want to get a Naim approved service done. I will be contacting Class A as I have had a quote from them in the past and they were cheaper than Naim themselves (although I have probably just broken another rule saying that!)

2 Likes

Yes I agree. You have 2 choices in the UK for proper naim approved service. Yes there are plenty of others. And by now you will have worked out why they have not achieved naim’s approval.

For approved service work on the continent, you might want to try LASA in Italy and Music Line in Germany (now trading under the name Focal Naim Deutschland). I have no experience of their work, but they seem to be well regarded by members of this forum.

Music Line has quoted me similar prices to Salisbury over the phone in the recent past and they seem very helpful. Turnaround times late last year were quoted to be approx. 3 weeks for service work and DR upgrades. Unlike in the UK (as I understand it), Music Line offers DR upgrades and various service packages that can be ordered separately, i.e. it seems a recently serviced unit does not have to be serviced again if all you want is a DR upgrade.

Since I live in Germany, Music Line insist that I go through a local dealer. The current lockdown restrictions just make it difficult to arrange a date to drop off any boxes at the moment.

The shipping costs will probably be similar to the UK if you are based in France, but there should be no hassle with customs and VAT.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I will contact music line and see what they can offer.

I’ve recently had my Nait 5 serviced by LASA. Good experience.

I used Class A before, but in fear for customs issues I used LASA this time. Naim Approved, good work and clear communication.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.