NAP200 as just a PSU?

Ouch

1 Like

That expensive?.. Wow. I paid considerably less for the service and the DR upgrade of my HiCap, done by the Dutch Naim distributor last October.

When the policy of insisting on a service with the DR upgrade was introduced in September ‘19 the price was £999/€999/$1099 and the consensus here seemed to be that it wasn’t viable then. With this price increase I can only say that it’s a good job used prices are so high, or there might be a lot of old Hicaps going to landfill!

1 Like

Yes, I paid € 1000.

Not too long ago I paid considerably less for a not-too-old and mint Hicap DR, and this included the SNAIC for my SN2…

And now it’s even more expensive with £1,299. A great pity that Naim’s pricing policy made updating equipment an unviable option – not great for the brand in my view…

Agreed.

Hicap arrive today. Well that was worth every penny!

It has opened up the soundstage (more 3D) and the whole sound is more cohesive. I would say it’s almost “sweeter” sounding? The edge has been taken from the symbols and the base a little tighter. There is no more detail, but the sum of the instruments is now greater than their parts.

I think every 282 should have a hicap as a minimum (but your would have all told me that anyway)

I thought I needed a NAP250 next, but now I’m not sure. Could well be an XPS DR?

1 Like

Well Done… :slightly_smiling_face:

If it arrived today and you just hooked it up, you’re in for (more of a) treat because it will get better still. Well done.

If you consider a 250, I would strongly suggest to audition it at home first. The 250 is without a doubt a better amp than the 200 (I have one too). But it also has a different presentation and sonic character than a 200. That part is usually left out. This difference is not a guaranteed success in every speaker-room-taste equation as I’ve found out during a home audition.

It’s still on my maybe-list though as I’ve changed speakers recently.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.