NAP200 thoughts

So I have my SN2 running with a HiCap DR feeding from my NDX2 streamer
Just bought a pair of B&W 702 S2 speakers and wondered this the option to buy a NAP200 to drive the base units of the 702’s and run the top end from the SN2 would be a good idea in terms of better sound/tightness etc etc and the NAP200 is not that expensive.
Thoughts and thanks in advance
Barry

Not tried this myself - but if not expensive and you can move on without losing much maybe worth a punt. I think some people like it, some don’t. I added a 250 to a unitiqute (I know it’s not quite the same thing) and didn’t miss it after I got rid

1 Like

Thanks for that, I think I will borrow a NAP200 and give it a try before I get one after all it’s £2300
Will let you know
Cheers

I’d suggest you’d be better moving to a 282, Hicap and 250, rather than experimenting with biamping. One big one will better two little ones.

1 Like

If you do try biamping, Naim recommend that you put the better amp, in this case the 200, on the HF rather than the bass. This might seem counterintuitive but give it a try.
Still, if I were you I think I’d be considering a 282, in which case getting the power amp you really want, i.e. probably a 250, would be my first move.

1 Like

I played around with bi and tri amping for 20 years. Thinking it made a difference. Don’t think it did. What I needed was one decent power amp rather than 2 or 3 mediocre ones. I spent a load just on cables. Once I simplified things I could finally see the wood for the trees. And have ended up with a much simpler system. Albeit with a 50kg power amp keeping the PMCs under control.

1 Like

Hi
I would need to find a load more money as both are around 5k each against 2300 for the 200. Or do I just get a 250 instead and then don’t bother with bi amping ??

:+1:t3:

never experienced with biamping but recently (yesterday) I added a NAC 282 to my SN2 and seems that also the driving capacity of SN2 as power amp has increased!

regards,
Stefano

1 Like

Ok so think I will save for a NAP 250 and I can still bi amp if needs be
But at least the amp will help
Also still have the HiCap-DR
Should be ok with new 702-s2 actually just ordered the 702 signatures instead. Onward and upward. Thanks
Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.