NAP250DR or NAC282?

Salisbury league has closed, we were playing a few friendly matches this season but only about 15 players, 20 tops, participating. Obviously that’s now on hold again probably until the new year. I think we have more masters and veterans than younger age groups.

I bought a 13 year old unit. Didn’t really care for it compared to an 82. Serviced it and now it’s the opposite around. The 282 is sounding mighty fine.

Had a few hits in N.Herts but no matches, and now of course the leagues have stopped

Sorry, I don’t follow, do you mean the service made a big difference ?

Yes the service made a big difference.

Ohhhhhh. Oh. Yes now I see it.Table Tennis. Gosh that makes more sense. I feel dim now it seems obvious. My eyes saw two people doing something unspeakable on a desk.

5 Likes

@Feeling_zen, what did you have your breakfast in Japan today? :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Arghh, I can see what you mean. Hadn’t thought of it like that !!

1 Like

Apparently no one had. The way my mind works is clearly broken.

We’re stuck with that image for ever now people…

God I feel terrible now.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

:flushed::scream:

1 Like

Thaï Massage on a table probably :laughing:

1 Like

I’m glad it just wasn’t me…

2 Likes

If you’re considering an NDX2 you’ll get a better trade-in price for the ND5 while it’s relatively new, so if you’re going to do it, I would suggest doing it relatively soon.
DAC upgrades may well be a cheaper option. Lots of people raved about the Mk1 Hugo, some even using them to replace their £9000 NDAC/555. Personally, I found the Hugo to be a more modest upgrade, and the only way you’re going to find out what works for you is to listen for yourself.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve actually got a Hugo Mk1, and loved it, but it needs a new battery. When I’m finally able to get it repaired I’ll give it a go and see how it compares to the Qutest

I currently have a hicap DR into the SN2 using sockets 3 and 4. If I were to get a 282, would connecting it be just a case of taking the 5-pin ‘pre amp out’ out of the SN2 and putting it into the 282, leaving the 4-pin as it is (and putting the SN2 into power amp mode too of course) ?

Yes, that is correct. Just did this within the last hour.

While waiting for my 250dr to arrive I connected my 282 to sn2. My speakers are 4 ohm with a sensitivity of 87db and I don’t think a 250dr into a sn2 would be as much of an improvement as the 282.

Thanks for confirming. Yes, it’s a 282 I’m thinking of. Cheers