NAP300 failure

try a big and heavy carpet from Ikea perhaps first. For me it works. They are not expensive. Gfk are expensive and you can have mitigate results, not all positive.

1 Like

I thought of that, i am kind of waiting for my new speakers to break in, i have a few carpets in my house, will try to add them and stack them and see how that improved sound.

I am also going to install a curtain hopefully by next week (if there is stock), that also should improve quality since i have a big glass windows measuring 2x2m.

1 Like

Interesting. I traded in my 252/300 DR for year 2000 NAP 500 and slightly younger NAC 552. Serviced late 2016 but not DRed. 5 months later it seems a great use £7.5k. I was lucky to find them at the point I was seriously thinking about just a 552DR. If I had stayed with the 282 I might not have jumped to 552 via 252, which just wetted the appetite without quenching the thirst. The 282 is a nice spot and I can appreciate the bigger speakers can help.

As can been seen I have plenty of 30 year old wool carpet etc.

Phil

That’s an amazing deal, there is no second hand NAIM gear in my neck of the woods, hence my only option is to trade in with my local NAIM dealer with new gear. I plan to trade in my 282 with a new 252 in the not too distant future, but I think I will first trade in my NDX with an NDX2 and add to it a 555PS.

Roughly where in the world?

Dubai.

Lovely! Focal EVO should be my next upgrade. Just a comment. They look to be too close together, I believe these speakers should be around 12 feet apart forming an equilateral triangle with the listening position. I think that is distance that Focal recommends. They are big and move a lot of air, thus they may need more breathing room to shine. How far are you sitting ?
This is a fantastic system.

The speakers are 1.7m apart and 2.8m from listening position. They are too close, however I just bought them a week ago and they are still running in, so i am kind of experimenting with speakers positioning. Having said that, I think the EVO do not really need a lot of distance between them. I will do more experimenting once they have run in and see ideal distance between each other.

Thanks, the EVOs are amazing and I am truly enjoying them.

I would try and go straight to a preloved 552/500 missing out any intermediate steps if you feel able to travel to Europe. The Sopra 2s loved my upgrade. I can hardly imagine what yours would sound like. But maybe the room needs taming. You may find a different pre/power alters the kind of room treatment you need, although if you analyse the room with kit others recommend you might get a better insight. I have rendered walls and solid floor, which helps. Speaker placement makes a big difference.

There is a Naim buying and selling site on Facebook which is worth monitoring even now. There is one London dealer who sells preloved trade ins, which might be easier for you.

Phil

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.