NAPSC early pre boltdown model?

Is the first very early napsc model the same output as a later flatcap (olive) model and could be substituted?

To my knowledge the only things it can be used with are the 102, 202, 82, 282 (in all cases for the logic circuits, rather than the analogue circuits) and the headline. What exactly are you wanting to do?

Incidentally, there is no ‘early pre-boltdown’ napsc. There are Olive and Black versions. Bolt down referee to the very early amplifiers that had cases with bolts in the top panel to hold them together.

power for an Olive nac 92

You need a Flatcap or a Hicap. A Napsc cannot be used.

Thanks. It is this one

That’s a olive napsc. It cannot be used with the 92.

Ah, thanks.

Thats a normal Olive 82 standard NAPSC. With a captive Mains Lead.

Came with 82’s - but could be bought to go with a 102.

1 Like

It’s a learning curve, lol.

All of Life is a learning curve. Never stop learning… :slightly_smiling_face:

I should perhaps have mentioned that the 92 can be powered by any of the power amps with a built in preamp power supply, so 90, 110, 140, 160, 180, 200. If using any of these you’ll need a five pin link plug in the back of the 92. But then, you probably knew that.

150, 150x and 155xs too.

Yes, I have a fc olive powering the 92 at the mo and was looking to improve on that at low cost. If I could pick up a hicap olive around 400 uk stirling that would be perfct, but olive kit seems to have jumped a lot in price recently.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.