Narcom 3

Hi, new forum member here. I’m a big fan of the Olive fascia series and I’ve lurked for ages finding what I needed online, but now I have a question.

I bought a NAC102 which came with an elderly NARCOM 3 r/c. The remote is missing half of its buttons, and I would like to know if it is possible to get it refurbished or source a replacement. My CD3.5 came with a NARCOM 4 which operates the CD player but not the pre-amp.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Any Narcom should be able to control your NAC102. If you have a Narcom 4 then if you press the PRE softkey it should control your NAC102.

2 Likes

James Allney at TomTom Audio (St Albans) would be worth speaking to.

He can find all sorts of stuff - he has done so for me in the past.

I have 3 Naim remotes. From left to right NDS, CDS2 (recently bought they sent me a factory sealed Narcom) and right for 82. Not sure there respective numbers. Maybe 4, 3 and 2?

Think 1st left isn’t a Narcom. It only works the NDS, no Preamp selection mode. Other two work preamp and CD player. Decided now to use remotes 1 and 2 from left.

It does if system automation is enabled. Obviously that’s assuming you have a pre that supports it, so no use to the OP with a 102.

The second remote handset along is a Narcom 3. The final one along in your picture is an earlier olive version of the Narcom 2. Note that the Narcom 2 was around for many years and there were a few different variants, the earlier black and olive ones with different panel colours, additional buttons, and logo variations, culminating in the final grey version that arrived with the 5 series and Classic series.

3 Likes

And so it does! Thank you so much, really appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.