ND5 XS 2 only sound in left channel

Oh yes, after putting down to volume, and putting my ear near the unit, I do hear a very soft click when changing outputs. I thought it would be as loud as the power relay. Thanks.

My DD5 XS 2 just stopped working in one channel as well but my issue is via RCA cables as I use a McIntosh integrated. Never used DIN connection as this streamer is my only Naim device. Is this known issue limited to just DIN connection or could this issue be manifesting in my lost channel via RCA?

See post 4 of this thread. I feel a return to Salisbury will be necessary. But of course better try another cable first.

Unlikely but probably also worth checking that the L/R ā€˜balanceā€™ in the Naim app hasnā€™t been inadvertently altered (or by a software glitch), pushing audio to a single channel. As I say unlikely but no harm checking.

Thanks everyone. I have triple checked the balance setting of the unit itself. I have hard reset the unit a few times.

What is most frustrating is the time this is taking. I contacted my local Naim retailer and communicated the issue and they indicated it likely would need warranty service. They asked for a picture of my S/N and this was all on March 2. More than a week later and Iā€™m still waiting on a RMA/Call Tag. The response I received from the retailer is that it will need to go back to the UK for service and getting a call tag for that takes time and that Naim is backed up due to COVID.

While I wonā€™t claim to knowing the inner workings, Iā€™m candidly frustrated it takes this long to get warranty service addressed. I have boxed up the unit and sit waiting. We are over a year into COVID, and most businesses have adjusted their supply chains, and established compensating proceduresā€¦to still be passing off delays as COVID related seems to me to be making excuses for poor service.

Sorry to hear of the issues youā€™re experiencing. In which country are you located?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.