ND5 XS Streamer update or not?

Yes. If all seems a long time ago! I remember this well because I was the guy who discovered that going to 4.6 from 4.3 meant you didn’t get Tidal and Spotify. This was after the 4.6 release and I noticed it because I had two streamers on 4.3 and two on 4.4 and I updated them all to 4.6. I had a short beta group correspondence with Naim who were disbelieving initially, but after some tests confirmed the issue. The fix then was to roll back to 4.4 and then do 4.6 again. But 4.7 sorted it out (it’s in the release notes or was last time I looked!)

It still crops up in the forum from time to time, usually on a streamer that someone has bought secondhand where the firmware history can be a bit unpredictable!

Best

David

Well Mike i looked it up Version 4.4 was given thanks for that.

Still firmware-versions and software-versions are different things.
Naim talks about software 4.7.

So now for me to say if i am going to update the system, there for i need a mini USB connection and a windows pc.

Anyone how did the update by him-/herself? Was it a smooth operation?

Many/most people on the forum update their own firmware. It’s easy to follow the Naim instructions & provided you understand what the instruction are saying you should be OK.
I’ve done it so many times in the beta testing times, more times than I can remember, always trouble free.

It can be done with a Windows or Mac, Naim have instructions & software links for both that are included with each update package.

You will need an ethernet cable to connect PC to network if you follow the instructions, but it can be done over wireless.

Don’t get into firmware or software, Naim used to call it firmware, now I see the update webpage call it software, but when you download that software is in a folder called firmware. It’s an update, that’s all.

Thanks Mike for your additional explenation.

Do you know why naim does not have a windows app? The reason why has my attention.

I guess Naim don’t have a Windows app because the vast majority of people prefer a small handheld tablet or s.phone to browse NAS & network services.

ok…You did mean about fmw :rofl:

go straight to the last without any problems

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.