ND5 XS to nDAC Connection?

Those are inputs. The output , as James says, is balanced so you would need a suitable cable.

Ok, so here the SPDIF out from the Grimm.
Is it suitable with the Nds?

The image I looked at had no SPDIF out. If your image is correct that is the one to use. You can get an RCA to BNC coax cable.

2 Likes

Yes, all the shots I’ve seen just show the two AES outputs (as does the Grimm manual) but it looks like this is now available as FR’s pic shows. Makes things a bit simpler.

1 Like

S/PDIF is a standard so it will work with any other S/PDIF interface.

1 Like

I don’t understand because the Spdif of the Nds looks the same as the Spdif out of the Grimm.

Now you mention it, I think the NDS has both BNC and RCA inputs, so you could use either although Naim generally recommended BNC.

1 Like

Thanks Chrissu. I find it a bit confusing all these different names : BNC, SPDIF, COAXIAL, SPDIF optical, SPDIF by RCA. Sometimes the cables are just named “ digital “: like this Chord one . The reference is: Chord Sarum T Digital

Yes, the jargon can be confusing. They are all SPDIF, which includes electrical or optical.
Optical is also known as Toslink.
Electrical uses coaxial copper cable like the stuff used for TV and radio aerials, thus coax.
Coax cables can be terminated with either BNC or RCA plugs.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.