ND5 XS2 Automation query

Haha. I had heard some phones won’t show the volume control. Considering a cheap tablet next month but my old Samsung S8 seems fine. Might be overkill. Going to have a play about later see if I can sort it.

The system automation works by sending a signal from the network player to the amplifier. The first thing to check is whether the volume control actually moves when you change the volume using the app. If it does, then your ND5XS2 is connected to a different socket than the one you have selected in the automation setup. If it doesn’t, you probably have a dodgy wire.

Don’t forget that you can change the name of the preamp’s inputs in the app and turn off those you don’t use. This keeps the app nice and tidy.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I assume preamp1 is the streamer connection via DIN. Something is happening as when I removed the cable from the streamer the amp volume control knob went to zero. Cable check is on my list but this was working on my Chromecast last week.

Does anyone know how to tell what preamp input the streamer is using. It connected via DIN to the Streamer input on the XS3 which is third in. But I have thus far checked IR cable connection, tried all preamp settings. Uninstall the app but it appears the streamer holds the setting.

Press the pre button on the XS3 remote then 1,2,3 and so on. When you see the streamer button light up on the amp that should tell you what input number it is

1 Like

Great thanks its input 3 :grin:

So next step is a new cable. If that does not solve the issue then its a call to Naim

If it’s connected to the stream socket - ie music plays when that button is pressed on the Nait, you need to select input 3 in the system automation setup.

But regardless of that, the app should change the volume if the 3.5mm wire is functioning properly. Stereo or mono leads are fine.

1 Like

So I have replaced the cable and everything sprang into life. no idea why as they are both 3.5mm cables and checked the old one with the Chromecast and its sending music through it no problem. So the old tried and tested change the cable trick worked :smiley:

Main thing is its working. Thanks for everyone’s input I now don’t have to train the dog to turn the volume up on the main remote when I am in the garden.

2 Likes

Good news. Once working the system automation is very useful.

1 Like

yeah it will be very handy especially as the weather gets a bit better.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.