ND5 XS2, Hi fi News review

Thanks Stephen! Yes, I am quite happy with my new speakers.

1 Like

I am very pleased to say, at last, that I now have my brand new (sealed in itā€™s box) ND5 XS 2 media player. I shall try and find the time to open it and set it up this weekend, iā€™m just too busy for now to get going. I must say that iā€™m feeling rather excited at the thought of using this fantastic music making machine.
Happy days!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

You are very restrainedā€¦i would be very excited and the box would be open, up and playing in 30 minutes or so. Hope you have a blastšŸ‘

2 Likes

Thanks Gazza - I canā€™t wait. Ok, I might open the box beforehand just to ease any anticipation but as for setting up? that will just have to wait for now.

Looks legit!

8 Likes

You are a tease

Go, openā€¦ :coffee::musical_note::notes:

Ah, the joy of opening the box of a new toy! Congratulations Stephen!

just a power cord, din rca connection, power on, and install the naim app. The naim app will show you the music in your nas.
I forgot ethernet cable.
15 mn and music will appear.

Donā€™t forget, the ND5 will have the Din output activated by default. If youā€™re going to use an RCA cable to your amp, you have to turn the RCA analog out on.

i saĆÆd din rca but in Stephen case itā€™s din din. ( din rca is my connection)

I have one major problem here folks - I just cannot use a tablet. Is it possible to use a Windows computer instead?

The ND5XS2 must be up and running by now come on share your thoughts

1 Like

Our timing Stephen you beat me too it by a micro second

Not sure. I think you can use a phone.

I have tried using my Apple ipad but thing just infuriates me. I cannot use a tablet. I have spent all evening trying to download the app with no avail.

No windows app. There is an android emulator for windows never used it but i guess the interface via the android emulator would be a similar to a tablet experience.

I know you canā€™t use a MacBook, it has to be an iPad/iphone, not sure about a Windows set up, maybe similar. The app downloading to the iPad is fairly straightforward.

Did you find the Naim app in the app store? It should download if you tap on download.

Yes I found the app but itā€™s the Apple ID that iā€™m finding the problem. The thing has locked me out now.