ND5 XS2 internet radio stops

I have a problem streaming Classic FM and various other stations to my new ND5. I am located in the US and my favorite classical station is Classic FM. I start it up in the morning and it stops about 15 minutes later. The Naim app still thinks it’s streaming as I have to hit ‘stop’ and ‘reconnect’ to get it back up and running. It is connected via Ethernet to my Comcast\Xfinity Advanced Gateway. I have tried connecting wireless and the behavior is the same. I have done a factory reset, tried using a different device for the Naim app. Tried various internet stations and it seems the US stations work much better than those located outside the US. I contacted Naim and they did a network capture on the unit and said everything looked fine. I took it back to the dealer and they said it ran fine for 36 hours (including Classic FM). I contacted Comcast and explained the situation and they think it’s the device because all other devices work fine in my house. I have a Comcast tech coming out tomorrow (not sure what they will be able to do). Dealer has offered to let me take their demo unit home to see if it behaves the same way. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas on what might be going on?

Thank you for any help.

I had similar issues with my ND5 XS2 with BBC stations thinking I wasn’t in the UK (I am). I solved the problem by assigning the unit a static IP address and telling it to use Google DNS servers rather than the ISP servers. It has been rock solid ever since.
Google DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
If you don’t like google try cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.